Friday, November 26, 2010

Seventh Birthday

26kids

Hard to believe: our children are now seven years old! They wished each other a Happy Birthday upon awakening.  It's called being twins!

This pair of twins has changed life as we knew it, in the best ways possible.

26cakes2

In celebration, Jim and I each made them a cake.

Better yet, we had a cake-bake off!

The competition was fierce (not really), and fun.  We had several judges who tasted each cake and voted. I came out the winner (really?!), even though I really, honestly, think that my husband's cake was far superior. Anybody interested in the winning cake recipe? I made it up myself, you know.

I wonder if this is going to be come a new tradition? It could very well be, but what was more fun was to have our children be surrounded by loved ones on their special day. How appropriate that it is one day after Thanksgiving.

Needless to say, we are all thankful to have them in our family. Happy seventh birthday, Claire and Momo! We love you so.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

yes! winning recipe please!

affectioknit said...

How lovely! Happy Birthday!

Kit Yoon said...

I will work on the recipe for the winning cake! Stay tunes!