Saturday, November 06, 2010

Animal Encouter


There was a farm market in the Amish Country where they had a bunch of animals roaming around, and we were allowed to pet them.

Aren't these goats so sweet? There was one particular white kid who seemed to enjoy my camera, and would look at me with those innocent eyes.

Here, she is joined by her sibling. You can tell who is who! The sweet one is on the top of the photograph.


This horse, named Ben, is apparently the biggest horse in Holmes County! Take a look at these hoofs!


There were puppies, too, and chickens, and donkeys. But it was a bit too cold to stay out for long, with no mittens for my frozen fingers. Did we tell you we saw our first snow fall? Not just snow flurries...reall snow, on the ground. Gulp.

2 comments:

Rachel (Hounds in the Kitchen) said...

I am trying really hard not to dream about owning more animals or having a livestock farm but I do think goats are adorably cute!

Knowing you aren't from these parts and like to take pictures when not petting sweet goats, I hope you won't mind me making glove recommendations. I have a pair of fingerless knit gloves I wear nearly all the time once the weather turns cold and a pair of oversized mittens I slip on top when the temperature drops further. My sister knit the fingerless ones. If you happen to be a knitter or know one I can share the pattern.

Kit Yoon said...

Goats would be great to have! We also saw little pot belly pigs...Oh so cute. We would like to have more animals some day, but for now, a bunny is just the right animal for our family. Oh yes, I do have gloves...just not ready to put them on, but I guess....it's time!