Saturday, November 20, 2010

Bear's Mill





West of Columbus, not too far from Indiana, sits an old mill. It still uses water like the old days, and there is a miller who taught himself how to operate the mill when he and wife bought the place a couple of decades ago.

We are heading back there today to watch the miller at work, and be transported back in time.

So, I am kinda back in the present...although apparently I quite enjoy living in the past (way past) just as much.

Will be back in the real present soon. I promise. In the mean time, I hope you enjoy these images I took from my last visit there, not too long ago!

2 comments:

Rachel (Hounds in the Kitchen) said...

If you like old mills, my favorite is Isaac Ludwig Mill in Grand Rapids Ohio. They have a working canal boat there still and sell grain milled from local sources. http://www.metroparkstoledo.com/metro/parksandplaces/index.asp?page_id=517

Kit Yoon said...

Thanks Rachel! We will have to check it out. Bear's Mill is pretty awesome though! The water powered mill can generate its own electricity as well, and they do mill grains grown locally. We love it there!