Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Winter Flora

I had a leisurely morning; it felt deserved after all the festivities yesterday!

Will you be surprised to hear that the kids are no different now (that they are four) than the day before (when they were three)? There is a saying in Thai that age is really just a number.

So I took a leisurely walk to go pick up the kids from school. It was windy, but warm. The warmth made me miss all the days we spent on the farm this summer, and all the plant life that surrounded us (and of course, our former home in California). It will be a long time before spring returns to New England.

Meanwhile, I will savor whatever I can - even if it's dried up berries or frozen roses, or even the ubiquitous decorative cabbages. The pink bike has its own appeal though, doesn't it?

No comments: