Thursday, November 15, 2007

Cheese!






I am starting to see the fun of being a writer. A food writer, no less. Part of the 'job' is to go to the source; to talk to the people, to taste the product, to see the whole process. I am beginning to enjoy this!

Today, I met with Lourdes, the mozzerella cheese lady. She was in the middle of making her handmade fresh mozzarella cheese this morning when I entered the building. I don't know why, but I had never watched cheese being made in front of me before. Perhaps it has to do with growing up in Thailand where nobody eats cheese... But anyhow, here I was, watching the whole process from start to finish, with big eyes, and big ears, trying to take it all in. I am glad I had a recorder so that I didn't have to write down all the information as Lourdes was talking. It was very enjoyable to take it all in uninterrupted at first.

I will be writing an article about it, so I am not going to delve into the whole story here. You will just have to wait! All I can say is that the product tasted just as divine as it looked here!

No comments: