




"It's your last day of being three year olds," I told the kids today.
"Why, Mommy?" they asked. (Why must they ask why about everything? Why?)
"Time is linear, my friends," I replied.
And yet, in some ways, I wish they were not going to be four years old tomorrow!
We hung out in and around Harvard yard this morning. There is so much history here. Jim and I went to schools here (well, Jim did, I went to summer school here), we met here, and we made future plans together here. We even walked by the church on Harvard Street where I went to nursery school when I was four myself. We tried to point that out to the kids. Of course it didn't mean much to them. But to us, it was rather poignant.
Though time is linear, we can physically return to the same places where we once lived, and made memories. Perhaps someday our children will come back here with their own children, and share their own history with them - right here where a whole lot of history was made in and outside of our family.
No comments:
Post a Comment