
We had a quick get away to Providence, Rhode Island. Jim was at a conference, and the kids and I met up with him last night. Only an hour away from Cambridge, but it really felt like we were in a different place all together. People seemed much friendlier there: some actually smiled and said hello to us on the street. That doesn't happen here.

The one place I really wanted to visit in Providence was the Farmstead Cheese shop. Similar to Formaggio Kitchen of Cambridge, Farmstead was abundant with endless kinds of cheeses from all over the world. I had been reading about it since we were living in California, so it was a treat to actually go there in person, and eat cheese and bread from this infamous, up-and-coming institution.The kids were patient with me as I indulged in the whole (very small) atmosphere. Thankfully, we found a playground near by for them to run around with their poofy coats and red cheeks.
1 comment:
momo looks cute....and mischievous!!!
Post a Comment