



We visited a farm today (more on that later), just down the road from here, but it was a whole different world. More of our world. I think you know what I mean.
We found a few bushes of these berries which I think are related to elderberries. The farmers were kind and let us pick some to take home.What I know about these berries is that they can be used to dye clothes or make wine(!). At home, the kids have been asking if they could make their own 'ink' out of blueberries. These berries would be a great alternative to using our precious Michigan blueberries in the freezer!
With some vinegar, and salt, and a lot of staining of hands and crushing of berries, we made ourselves this beautiful paint! They tried it on paper, and they also dyed some fabric with it. Good natural fun stuff!
No comments:
Post a Comment