Saturday, September 25, 2010

Home away from home







We are taking a short little trip East to one of my 'homes'.

Oh, home is such a complicated phenomenon for me. It is so many things and it involves so many places and people.

Home is where my family is. Home is where I feel most comfortable. Home is where I feel most familiar, most myself. Home is where I have years of memories, good ones and bad ones. Home is where I feel a sense of place. Home is neither here nor there. And yet, I have so many homes everywhere.

So, I am home here, for the weekend. It's good to be without a car and yet be able to get everywhere. It's good to reconnect with my life partner without interruptions. It's good to see the old 'hoods, and some familiar faces.

Before I know it, I will be ready to go back home again.

No comments: