Monday, September 06, 2010

The celebration continued






My blogging is getting a bit intertwined. Between Cool Columbus, and this one, and Twitter, and Facebook... Oy. I am not sure I can keep up with all of it! (Or should I say, I really don't need to do any of it!).

At any rate, I had a great day. A great welcome to the middle of the 30s.

The day started out with me being prohibited to come downstairs. So I returned to bed to finish my book (Trail of Crumbs) when I heard a pitty-patter and a knock on the door. The kids delivered breakfast to me, in bed, before telling me that I still could not come downstairs.

Eventually I was allowed to join them. The Birthday banner hung across the doorway, and a big bag of birthday goodies awaited my opening. Two candles sat in some old coffee ground and I blew on them after the birthday song was sung to me. It was like a Christmas morning with summer breeze passing in through the open windows.

The rest of the day was spent at (to us) a new coffee shop, a new metropark, our community pool (last day of the season!), and an awesome Japanese enclave complete with a market, a restaurant, a bakery, a bookstore. It was a splendid day!

No comments: