Sunday, October 22, 2006

More Farm



It was Claire's request to go back to the farm today. Why not, we said. There are not too many more days like this. In fact, this time next year, we will not be here to experience its bounty. New England fall will provide its own magic, I know, but there will be no farm that we can walk to from our condo in Cambridge. That much I know is true.



Today we went by the pumpkin patch, said hi to a farm kitty, and found Momo's tractor where we found it yesterday. The kids played hide and seek in the rows of big brussel sprouts and overgrown broccoli.



The kiwi arbor is bursting with fruit. Even though the kiwis are not ripe yet, the distinctive smell (somewhat like a baby's poopy diaper, unfortunately) claimed the area. The kiwi leaves are turning golden, and in the sun, it was as pretty as anything on the farm.



We ended our farm visit at the life lab area where Claire and Momo performed on the stage set up like an amphitheatre. With long sticks, they pretended like they were singing with a microphone.



Somewhere along the way... I think it was in the apple orchards, Claire said to me, unprompted, " Mommy, I am so happy!".
What else can I say, but "I am so happy, too, Sweetie!" And I meant it.

No comments: