Saturday, October 28, 2006

Artwork


The kids love art. Momo, especially, likes to draw. He tends to spend a lot of time perfecting certain themes like trains, or tractors, or excavators. Like a real artist, there are usually a plethora of crumbled pieces of paper on the floor around him. Those are the rejects. The ones that aren't quite perfect.


Claire enjoys drawing, too, but less so. She prefers to get messy with paint, glue, or shaving cream. I let the teachers do that with them at school so that I don’t have to clean up more mess than I already have in the house!


Momo tries to autograph his artwork. It may look like NONO to us, but that’s MOMO to him. Kind of appropriate since sometimes we call him Mr. No (his nickname in Thailand, given to him by my mother).


For a while I was trading with a patient who is an art teacher. I would take the kids to her Blue Apple Studio and she would receive acupuncture treatments in return. They enjoyed it, but they were a bit too young to really benefit from all that she could offer. This coming spring, I think they will be ready for that kind of fun again.

No comments: