Sunday, December 19, 2010

Tropical life

2010thailandpinkflower

momotyping

2010thailandfishing

2010thailandfruit

2010thailandchristmasdecor

2010thailandgrilledeggs

Thailand was forecasting to have the "coldest winter in 30 years", before we arrived. Well, so far, it's as balmy as ever, with the day time temperatures hovering 80s and 90s. This is a quite a (nice) shock to our system that was trying to survive in frigid, below zero degrees days in the mid-west.

Everywhere I walk in the garden, I am hit with a new wave of perfume from several blooming flowers. Life keeps on living here in the tropics; no need for hibernation.

The kids enjoy living the coat-free, flip-flop life for now. And ice? Here, ice only goes from the freezer to a glass of water, thank you very much. None of that stuff on the wind shield of a car, or the front steps of the house! Can you tell I am not missing winter...at all?

2 comments:

Rachel (Hounds in the Kitchen) said...

But, but, you'll miss the white Christmas! Lucky you, we'll probably still have snow on the ground when you return...

Are those eggs cooked over coals? I'm intrigued.

Kit Yoon said...

Hi Rachel! Oh, I don't need a white Christmas! Never grew up with it, so not on my list. And yes, those eggs are grilled! A little like hard boiled eggs, just with a touch of grilled taste. It's great!