




There is no more question why my life is rather food-centric. When I am back in Thailand, I am reminded of the fact that the Thai culture itself is all about food. Everywhere you go, or look, there is food. Someone is either preparing food, selling food, eating food -- seriously, at any time of day! The variety of food here is mind-blowing. I think I can eat different things, for different meals and snacks, for three weeks, and not repeat once.
We visited the JJ Market yesterday, in the heat of the tropics. The kids were melting, physically and psychologically. I saved them by asking some vendors for small blocks of ice for the kids to hold. Surely, the solid blocks quickly became liquid water...no matter, it gave them a bit of relief, and gave me a little sanity.
We are heading out to the river for a few days. Christmas will be celebrated there...Thai style.
No comments:
Post a Comment