



Sure there are things that I miss about Northern California.
Where do you want me to start?
Should I talk about the proximity to the Pacific Ocean? Or should I talk about the bountiful fruits and vegetables year-round at multiple farmers' market, any day of the week? Or should I brag about the best climate-controlled place in the universe?
Okay, I won't do any of that (because I just did). Instead, I am going to try to tell you about the cool things that we are getting here, that we didn't quite have back there.
1. A garden. I no longer need to plant my vegetables in pots! These plants can actually establish their root system, down into the actual earth, for as deep as they would like. We planted late this summer because we didn't get here until late July...but we are enjoying our basil, and parsley, and arugula, and soon some tomatoes and carrots of our own.
2. A real place for laundry to dry. Now, I did hang things out to dry outside of our tiny townhouse, on the back patio. But guess what? It was illegal. It was not approved by the homeowners' association. But I didn't get caught, and I must have saved a lot of energy using the sun instead of the dryer! But now, my clothes can sway this way and that, in complete freedom. Must be blissful for them not to worry about being caught!
3. A Tree. A Tree!!! Our children have never had their own tree to climb, or swing from, or find cicadas on, or sit around and chat with their friends about nothing. We actually have more than one tree. We have a big one where all the monkey bars and swings are hanging from, and then we have smaller ones in the front yard, and the back yard... Choices of trees. Imagine that!
So there. It is called the Law of Balance. You win some, you lose some. We can always pay a visit to our former home, right?!
No comments:
Post a Comment