Friday, August 13, 2010

Home is here








The GPS lady on our phone still needs to guide us to new places, new highways, new grocery stores... (our favorite is "take your next legal U-turn" when we disobey her directions), but slowly, this place is beginning to feel like home.

To be reunited with our stuff, big and small, important and not so important, has been comforting in some ways. Don't get me wrong, it was very nice to not have to deal with 7,000 lbs worth of stuff (really, moving company...did you weigh it correctly?) for 8 months, and made home wherever we ended up putting our heads that night.

But it sure was nice to see that baby photo of the kids when they were one day old again, and the multiple journals I have kept since I was 13, and the silverware my parents lovingly gave to us for our wedding day. I was also elated to eat/sew/live at the dining table our friend John made for us, and to sleep on the bed that our friend Matt made for us.

I am sure Jim and the kids feel similar feelings when they saw their stuff, too. The things that are priceless... you know, everyone has them.

And so, we are making this place home... for the time being. Even the tree out back has now become home, so has our new bunny, Cinnamon. I hope it will be a home-sweet-home for quite a while.

No comments: