
We have spent the last few Fridays at Blue Heron with Ellery. I am sad to say that next Friday, it will be just me, as the kids will be at school. The good thing is that I will be able to help out more with the farm work. The bad thing is that it just won't be as much fun without the goobers.

We spent the whole morning picking, loading, arranging, riding in the back of the truck. It has been very dry here, so a lot of vegetables are not productive, but the tomatoes and watermelons get super sweet as the flavors concentrate to the max without water.

As we were gettting ready to leave, Ellery asked if I could do her a favor. Of course, I said. Could you take some of these plum tomatoes home? They are really ripe, and they need to be used up NOW. Okay, I said, I will make you some tomato sauce.

I was busy catching a butterfly for Momo as she picked out some tomatoes for me. When I returned, the back of our car had a WHOLE FLAT of plum tomatoes. Guess what our home smells like right now!

The kids were so good, and so helpful today. And they had so much fun. I can't think of a better place for all of us to be on a Friday morning. We are planning to bring Jim next time so he could help with the potato digging!
2 comments:
So colorful,so beautiful they are. And i can imagine how much fun the kids could have. Lovely!
They are having a lot of fun - lucky little kiddos!
Post a Comment