Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Rainy morning


NPR didn't have very happy news to report this morning, partly due to today's date, nine-eleven. The sky was cloudy, the fog was heavy. Rain was imminent. I felt a bit blue.


I parked my car, turned off the radio, and looked at Blue Heron farm. I felt an instant sense of relief. It got better when I saw Ellery and her smile. I was put to work right away, but really, it was more like therapy. Earth Therapy. Is there such a thing yet? Is someone going to steal my idea and mass market it?


The farm had a different mood today. We deperately needed the rain, so when the drops fell onto the parched soil, I could almost hear the vegetables sing. The butterflies were gone and even the bees were not humming (the rain makes their wings too heavy to fly). So today was the plants' day to celebrate!


My friend Megan came out to help, too. She is a very wise young woman who is studying to become a chaplain. We were making bouquets together when she said: I am so happy right now. And I love it when I know that I am happy when I am still experiencing it!

I am telling you - if Reiki works (which I have not experienced so myself), Earth Therapy has got to work just as well.

No comments: