
Last I checked, nobody can really say that they 'don't like chocolate chip cookies'. Maybe some people can say...well, they are not my favorite cookies, but really now, who can resist these buttery, all American, heaven-on-earth morsels?

But not every recipe results in the best chocolate chip cookies. I think you would agree. Some recipes result in cake-like cookies, and some are too crispy, or plain unpalatable. We have made some of those ourselves, and have eaten far too many to know why we even bothered.

Besides the fact that these are the best chocolate chip cookies that I have ever made, I really like it that the recipe asks for melted butter, and not room temperature butter. I lack patience, and sometimes planning... So to have the butter to ready for the room-temp baking process can be tough. To be able to melt the butter and add to the recipe, and have the best cookies in less than 30 minutes? Brilliant.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe from Gooey Chewy Crispy Crunchy
Ingredients:
2 1/4 cups unbleached all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 lb unsalted butter, melted and still warm
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar, lump free
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
2 cups chocolate chips
Equipment:
2 cookie sheets, ungreased or lined with foil, dull side up
Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl and mix together thoroughly.
In a large bowl, combine the melted butter with the sugars, vanilla, and the eggs. Stir in the flour mixture just until all the dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in the chocolate chips. If possible, let the dough stand for 1-2 hours.
Preheat oven to 375ºF. Position racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven.
Scoop rounded tablespoons of dough and place them 3 inches apart on the ungreased or lined cookie sheets. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until the cookies are just lightly brown on the edges. Remove from the oven and let the cookies firm up on the pan for 1-2 minutes. Cool completely before storing or stacking. Can be kept in airtight containers for several days, but best eaten right away!
3 comments:
Kit! I love these! Thanks so much for posting. I made them tonight with butterscotch chips since that's all I had in the chip dept! And instead of flour, I used graham crackers. (I'm OFF white flour.) And you're right! The butter is great melted, so I used a combination of Plugra, Smart Spread, and colby cheese since I didn't have a lot of butter in the house. Added pecans...that rocks. And instead of just plunking them on a cookie sheet, I shaped them into autumn leaves with silver dragees over the top! Thanks so much for sharing this fab recipe!
Oh wow, Michael! You just made some masterpiece cookies! Did you share with sweet Angel? ;)
Post a Comment