Monday, January 24, 2011

Easing into the season

bread

It might be silly to say that I am finally getting used to winter, since the season really started here back in November when the temperatures dropped and the leaves fell. I guess I was living in the period of denial this whole time, and it didn't help to have the three-week break in the tropics...that seemed to have stretched out the denial phase even longer (but we were in paradise, so who am I to complain?).

flower

It also didn't help that I developed skin hives for no unknown reason except that maybe I am truly allergic to 'winter' in the general and physical sense.

snow

And while that is still going on, and prohibiting me from taking warm (actually HOT) baths that used to be my winter sanctuary, I am slowly moving on from denial to acceptance.

sledding4

We still have a good long time to go before Spring arrives around here, so let's hope that the acceptance phase will last a good long time, too!

Until then, we have plenty more bread to bake, lots more sledding to do, and a plethora of birds to feed.

No comments: