Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Our Tree

A christmas tree is one of those things that needs to be experienced in person to really appreciate its beauty. I tried to take a picture of the whole tree, but none came out quite right. I can assure you that our tree this year is pretty, and unlike the previous years, it's actually not a Charlie Brown Christmas tree.

It's a real Balsam Fir from Nova Scotia, just about 5 feet tall, with lots of branches for ornaments. The kids and I picked it out the other day after the night of freezing rain. Each needle was encased in ice, so when we took it home, there was a pool of water underneath the tree after it thawed. We really are not in California anymore (after all these months, am I still in denial?)!

Momo and Claire helped me decorate the tree with old and new ornaments, some of which were made by me and the kids last year. We surprised Jim with it all lit up when he got home that night. Though born and raised a Buddhist, there is a special place in my heart for Christmas trees!

No comments: