Monday, March 19, 2007

Spring


Spring officially begins tomorrow, I believe. We are lucky to be in a place where it actually feels like Spring. The poor Yankees in New England are still digging out snow and avoiding icicles from falling on their heads. If they are lucky, they may see one or two crocuses trying to make it out from the still frozen ground. That will be us next year! The return to icicles and frozen grounds... What are we thinking?


These cherry blossoms are on the tree in front of our house. The whole street is lined with these cherry trees and when they are in bloom, they add such a sweetness to the neighborhood this time of year. It may sound cliche, but these blossoms truly make me feel like I am walking in heaven sometimes. At least, that is how I imagine heaven to be.


Claire loves flowers just as much, it seems. She enjoys gathering whatever flowers that she is allowed to pick. Then she turns them into pretend-soup, pretend-cake, or a birthday bouquet. She may have trouble finding bouquets next Spring, you think?

No comments: