
I was tagged by my friend Emily to expose a little bit of life as a Mom to little people. I don't know if I am doing this right, but here goes...
Real Moms...acquire a new sense of fashion, or lack thereof. For instance, recently I wore something white, and everyone commented on how I NEVER wear white. Guess why? Another example is this morning, I noticed in the mirror after having worn the same thing the last three days, that my sweater has a huge blob of dried up something on it. I don't even want to know what it is (I am still wearing it as I write), and honestly, I don't really care.
Real Moms...eat anything that the kids don't eat, but are supposed to. This is happening less now that the kids are getting older, but still, it happens. For instance, tonight, my dinner was the fried rice that I made earlier in the day that the kids decided they didn't want to eat. They just wanted plain rice instead. Normally, I don't let them boss me around, but today I figured I would enjoy eating the fried rice, so I let them be the boss. And should I even get into veggie booties?
Real Moms (and Dads)...dread the day that their kids stop napping. So far, so good for us. But that day will come, and I will be waking up at 5am so that I get some quiet time with myself.
But truthfully, Real Moms...love their children, and would not want to change anything for the world.
1 comment:
Beautiful post. I find I am eating a lot more pb&j and that most of what I drink has little bits of stuff floating from the sips my girls take.
Post a Comment