
Scooter
12/12/1998 - 2/3/ 2007
Scooter passed away today. How, we don't quite know. When we left the house this morning, Scooter was still alive in his hutch. And upon our return, he was lying on the cement, outside of the hutch, no longer breathing. We could speculate all we want about how and why Scooter is gone. Was it a neighborhood cat that frightened Scooter? Did Scooter have a heart attack? Had he been sick and the falling was the straw that broke the camel's back? Whatever the reason, the fact is that Scooter is no longer with us and that is a very sad reality, indeed.

Ironically, I was going to transfer Scooter to the children's preschool this Monday in preparation for the open house weekend the following week. Though it was going to be sad, we were happy that Scooter was going to be with a bunch of children that would give him the attention and love he deserved. I wonder if he knew that he was going to leave our home, forever (as we were not planning to take him back East with us). I wonder if he decided that it was now or never, and he wanted to pass away in our home instead. We plan to bury Scooter this afternoon with the children, somewhere in nature. Good bye our dear bunny. He will always be remembered as the best bunny that ever lived.
2 comments:
scooter:
i will miss you very much. you were the sweetest bunny i have ever known. everyone loved you!!!! you were so gentle....i always thought you were a girl, and even when i learned your true gender, i could never bring myself to part with the pronoun by which i knew you: "she"
i wish i could have said a proper goodbye to you. i am truly you said you passed in the manner in which you did. you will be missed by us all.
love, jim
To Jim, Kit, Claire and Momo - I am truly sorry for your loss. Scooter was a cutie, and I always enjoyed seeing her when I came to visit. (I too could never bring myself to using the masculine pronoun.) I'm glad you have such happy memories of her....Love to you all, Terry
Post a Comment