Thursday, December 14, 2006

Momo Stories


"Can you take a picture of me, Mommy?" says Momo as he was waking up from nap. He was cuddling with Brown Cloud, and was in an especially loving mood. "Of course, I can," I said, surprised at the request. So I took this photo which ironically shows his two loyal loves: Brown Cloud and steam trains.

Later in the evening, there was another memorable moment. Claire was walking on me, you know, massaging my back. Then she asked, "Mommy, why does you back always hurt?" How was I to respond? "I am getting old, I guess." I said. Momo was drawing next to me, and in response to what I said, he grumbled " I wish you could be new, Mommy."

I thought I would share them here: our innocent children and their stories. I so wish I could be new, too! But again, who am I to complain?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow. i love this story. momo seems to show very interesting literary wit indeed. too bad though that soon he, like most of us, will forget what it is like to really be "new".