
For being a Buddhist, I quite enjoy Christmas trees. I like the lights illuminating from it at night. Something about it makes me feel at ease, and at peace with myself and the world. For the first time in their life, our children have their own Christmas tree. We went to a tree farm this weekend, somewhere in the Santa Cruz mountains, and searched for the perfect one. Little did I know that we were going to be searching for a tree with half the county. Well, it wasn't that bad, but it was rather crowded. There were lots of families with little kids just like ours, running around big and small evergreens. It was actually quite fun. We looked for something on the smaller side as our house is small, and also something that can fit into the back of our car.

We decided on a small Douglas Fir tree that cost us more than I would like to share here! But it's beautiful and the kids love it. Momo declared that it was "perfect." We came home, put it up, and decorated it with old ornaments that I have saved from years past. We kept the lights on until we all went to bed. "Is our Christmas tree still here, Mommy?" asked Momo as he awoke from his slumber this morning. Little guy even has his train tracks around the base of the tree so that his trains can run around it. It must be a bit magical for them, this tree thing... We promised them a little bit bigger of a tree next year. The tree will grow as you grow, we told them.
No comments:
Post a Comment