Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Almost Turkey Day


I expected a much bigger crowd at the market today. It was on the mellow side, surprisingly. Maybe people have already gone on their journey to be with their loved ones.


The market was in the mood for turkey day, nonetheless. Happy signs and stuffed turkeys greeted the shoppers. I didn't need to get a whole lot of produce since we are heading up to Sonoma to be with our family tomorrow. But it was fun to walk through the market with the spirit of the holiday in the air.


And there was even a hint of Christmas! This time of year, several farm stands make their own holiday wreaths for sale. Some are quite creative, making you feel like you can make anything into a wreath if you just put it in a circular shape! Maybe the kids and I will try to make one this year. For now, we are going to enjoy our family gathering as we get closer to another big day - the kids' 3rd birthday!

No comments: