Friday, February 18, 2011

Homemade Yogurt

yogurt

Though we don't have the results to prove that we indeed made yogurt, at home, we have photos to prove that we did make an attempt at it.

The setting of yogurt, you see, takes hours. So there is a lot of patience involved, which is the most difficult part of the process!

We didn't make just any regular yogurt...we attempted at making Greek yogurt! If you have had it, you will know that Greek yogurt is superior to regular yogurt. It is thicker, smoother, more flavorful.

If our batch turns out to be anywhere near success, we will let you know, and will spell out what we did so that you, too, can make yogurt, in the comfort of your own kitchen!

4 comments:

Rachel (Hounds in the Kitchen) said...

Are you going to strain the yogurt? My understanding is that the greek-style is defined by straining after the yogurt curing time.

I personally haven't had much success making yogurt, even with a maker. I think I'm not careful enough with the temperature.

Kit Yoon said...

Well...we will have to see. The temperature thing is hard! We also added whipping cream and yes we are planning to strain (if it ever sets!).

KnitterMama said...

Oh I really REALLY want to do this this week. Have been planning on it but I am scared!

Kit Yoon said...

No need to be scared! Both times I have done it, it turned out really well! The key is the temp, and patience... and if you drain it for a few hours, you will have greek yogurt to enjoy! Good luck and let me know how it goes!