Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Ice Day

ice3

Today was one of the few days of the year that we overslept. One of those days you wake up and go: "Whoa...what day is it? What time is it? Where am I? WHO am I?"

It was 7:45am, an hour later than when we should have been up and about drinking coffee, making lunches... I sprang out of bed, woke up the kids and apologized for my tardiness.  All the while, still wondering who I was.

ice2

Then came the voice of reason.

"There are no cars parked on the other side of the street. Is there a way we can find out if school is closed?"

Jim was the one who made the notice, and saw every little thing outside covered with a layer of thick ice.

ice1

Well, indeed, the phone message light was blinking. We had not heard the phone ring either! The message said: No school today.

So, ice-day, it is.

And isn't it pretty? Oh sure. Very pretty...

Until you step out onto the ice rink that used to be our driveway... or our sidewalk...or our street! Somehow, I think a snow day would have been more fun.

No comments: