Wednesday, October 13, 2010

More Pumpkins


How many pumpkins can one have in a season? Apparently there is no limit. I didn't grow up with any of this stuff: autumn, Halloween, Pumpkin patches... I guess I am still getting used to it.

And hayrides? Can someone tell me exactly why hayrides are fun when you are usually breathing in gasoline fumes and sneezing from all the hay? Plus, I think I can get there faster walking.

But again, I am still getting used to this whole thing. Don't get me talking about Halloween itself! If you like Halloween a whole lot, you may want to stop reading this blog for the next month.

I have to admit, however, that there is nothing like that deep orange of the pumpkins and squashes, against the autumnal blue sky. The contrast is real, and it is beautiful.

I will try to enjoy it for what it is (these pumpkin patch visits, field trips, and the like). In the meantime, I can always bake something with pumpkin. I don't seem to have any problems with that!

1 comment:

affectioknit said...

Awesome pumpkins - we just got ours too...