





On my way to Bridgman Farm today, I passed by many other farms with too many barns to keep count.
I love barns. I don't know where this particular interest came from. Now that I think about it, I used to live in a dormatory called The Barn. It used to be a real barn (painted red when I was there), and it was converted into a dorm for high schoolers to call home.
Or maybe it's because I have not lived near so many barns before that I find an appeal to them. These are beautiful old, some nearly fallen, barns. I especially love the Amish/ Mennoite barns that are plain, white, and functional.
It helped that today was one of the most beautiful of days. I spent three hours on the farm, helping the tomato farmer pull up tomato stakes (and picking left over tomatoes, too many to know what to do with). It would not have really mattered what I was doing there today. Just to be out in the open fields, under this kind of blue sky, and the warm sun on my shoulders...it was a perfect fall day.
No comments:
Post a Comment