
In warm weather, bananas go ripe so quickly. What better way to use them but whip up a Banana Cake?!
I found this recipe while in New Zealand...and can't remember where it came from. I did add some yogurt to it ( you should know me by now!), so it's been changed a bit. I think with the yogurt, the cake is a bit more moist, but you sure don't have to add it in.
Sometimes I add a cup of blueberries, or chocolate chips to the batter as well. Other times, to please the only person in the family who likes nuts in things, I sprinkle some chopped walnuts on top. But it's pretty rare...
Dry ingredients
1.5 cups self-rising flour (or cake flour)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
Wet ingredients
3 ripe bananas, well mashed
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil
2 beaten eggs
1/2 cup yogurt
Preheat oven 300 degrees Farenheit.
In a large bowl, mix all wet ingredients well. In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients, then add to the wet ingredient bowl. Incorporate everything until it is a smooth batter.
Grease a loaf pan or a round cake pan. Pour batter into pan, and bake for one hour.
2 comments:
wow i <3 banana cake
thanks for sharing the recipe
i'll try to bake it!!
You are welcome! I hope you like it...it's a super easy recipe that turns out great everytime!
Post a Comment