Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The (almost) Cross-Country Journey


Oh, the great massive country that is called the U.S of A. Here we come!

Here is the rough route plan for our cross country journey, to be embarked upon in about a week.

I am not known for a car trip-loving kind of person. I have done it twice, and honestly, did not love either. To add two children to that experience? Hmmm... But I am willing to give it a try. It's America after all. This is what a lot of Americans do all the time. And if they have not done it, they wish they could.

So there, what do we have to lose (except some sanity, for a few weeks?). Perhaps years down the road, the children will thank us for this amazing (?) opportunity!

Here is a list of essentials that will be traveling with us:

Camping gear: sleeping bags, a tent, camp stoves, you get the idea.

Audio CDs: long long stories. I broke down and downloaded Harry Potter, the first one. That's how desparate I am. Also in the mix: Winnie-the-Pooh, Mary Poppins, Tree House series, and countless Barefoot Books stories (how do people live without these, I don't know).

Clipboards and writing tools

Portable DVD player with many movies

Ipod with songs and stories and podcasts for kids AND adults.

Games: card, ball, chess...

Are we forgetting anything? Of course we will have food, snacks, gum, dramamine, and books... But if you can think of anything I am forgetting, please share! And don't forget to send a lot of good luck our way... We might need it!



1 comment:

Kate said...

Headphones, for either you or the kiddos. Sometimes it is really nice to have an option for muting when doing a loooong road trip. Looks like a grand adventure. Miss you already!