Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Very Santa Cruz






I was not meant to be a surfer, or will I ever want to become one (too rough, too cold, and I get seasick). Perhaps that is the reason why we rarely do what the locals and tourists do in this town: go surfing, or go watch other people surf. 

Somehow, today, we found ourselves walking along Westcliff drive, near lighthouse field, where the surf was up.  The kids were entertained by the acrobatic moves that these athletes maneuvered in mid air, on and off the waves.  I was entertained by the seals that took over a whole rock, right where the surfers were catching their waves.  It would be fun to be that close to wildlife... very close.  But no, I don't need to get out there just yet.  

Of course Momo muttered something about wanting to try surfing, too... But the wind was too loud in my ears.  I muttered something about perhaps someday...back to him... 

1 comment:

P O N G P U N & M O R E said...

I like the jump.They look so happy, I can feel their laugh and your smilessssss