Saturday, March 07, 2009

Sewing Saturday

"Sleeping Bag"

Big Fish, Little Fish

Momo's pillow. He did the outside stitches himself!

I have been inspired by a new book, recommended to me by our friend Cayce (thanks Cayce!). It's called The Creative Family, written by a Mom and a blogger (soulemama.com) who lives in Maine. 

Many things in the book inspire me.  The first thing I wanted to do with the kids, though, was to teach them how to sew, and how to make things from sewing.  As usual, I failed to follow the exact instructions. 

With my very own creative children, I had them draw simple images on pieces of felt.  I then cut them up, and showed them the simple sewing methods.  And voila, new handmade toys they treasure more than most!  Well, at least for the time being. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love all of your new sewing projects.. They are great! I am also very impressed with Momo's whale.. what an artist!
-Madeleine