Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Lemon Pudding




When I came back from San Francisco yesterday, on the kitchen counter stood a special treat.

This special treat may be one of the reasons I married my husband. Granted, he is seldom in the kitchen to create food. In fact, I would prefer that he stayed out, and let me be the control-kitchen-patrol that I normally am.

But the truth (and secret) is, my husband is a good cook, when he wants to be! He was the one who taught me how to bake bread, many moons ago now. He can whip up a perfectly good Beef Bourguignon. He can even make home-made sloppy Joe, as he did with the kids this Sunday while I was gone.

But most of all, he makes the most fantastic dessert, that I dare call my very favorite dessert of all time. The lemon pudding.

I have never made this dish myself, so I don't even know how to go about it. I know it involves a lot of fresh lemons. And eggs. The result is this divine lemony cake/custard combination that tastes much lighter than it actually is. I love it!

No comments: