



I am still in shock of the farmers' markets here.
First of all, there is practically a farmer's market every day of the week, just a matter of where. Secondly, these markets are bountiful: baskets overloaded with the most beautiful fruits and vegetables begging to be taken home and put into good use. Thirdly, the amount of people that go to these things: everybody. Make that, everybody and all their children and visitors from out of town. It can be a zoo, but as farmers' markets go, the more the merrier!
I am trying to take it all in slowly. There are many familiar faces both behind the stalls and those walking around. There are also many familiar offerings, but also new ones that I am excited to learn about. Padrone peppers, for example, was not in my pepper vocabulary until last Wednesday. And after being introduced to it, I am hooked (more on this in another post).
It's good to be able to call this place, with all its bounty and beauty, home again.
No comments:
Post a Comment