Saturday, August 30, 2008

Farm picnic






The late afternoon light seemed perfect through my sunglasses, but still a bit too bright in reality. After having an early dinner picnic by the chicken coop, we wandered to the big field where the crops were putting out more food than can be eaten or sold by the UCSC farm people.

The kids found that if they dropped the huge (abandoned) squashes onto the ground, they could brake it open and get out the seeds easily. Claire went on to using sticks as a tool to help pry the squashes open. I told them that they were doing what people used to do in the old days...

That thought interested them. They asked what seemed like endless questions about the old days and how people used to live. I had a flashback about my own childhood, and how I wanted to live like people used to way back when. We chatted until the sun got low enough in the sky and finally created that perfect late afternoon light that a lot of photographers yearn for.

No comments: