


Just a week ago, the kids and I drove across the Golden Gate Bridge, on our way to San Francisco International Airport. It was dusk, and the kids were sound asleep in the back of the car. In silence, I crossed this bridge one last time before we left the West Coast to come back to New England.
Every time I approach this renowned bridge, I can't help but be in awe of its enormity, its reputation, and yes, its beauty.
Coming from Sonoma, we always get a glimpse of the bridge after coming out of a tunnel. From our view, its sturdy body rises from the mountains, standing elegantly in front of the beautiful city of San Francisco. Within a few moments, we are on that very bridge, crossing the 'golden gate' where the Pacific ocean comes in and surrounds the cities by the Bay.
This last visit to California, we spent a day playing in the shadows of the Golden Gate bridge at Crissy Field. Though the children don't yet know how lucky they are to be running on the beach with the backdrop of the bridge, someday I hope that they will appreciate it. Someday they will look back at these photos, asking us many questions, and perhaps, they will remember the fun times they had right by one of the most well known and most beautiful bridges in the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment