Wellesley and Fun were two words never used together during my days at the college, unfortunately.
I was too young and naive to know to not take college too seriously. I learned, I studied, I tried to achieve. I did it because it felt like everyone else around me was doing it, too. Ten years later, I wish I had done some of the serious stuff half of the time, and had some fun the other half.
I did manage to run or walk around Waban Pond a few times as a student. It is a pretty place as it is, but in the fall, it becomes magical with all shades of fall colors illuminating the trees. My friends Meliti and Megan were there today with me the children. For the youngsters, fortunately, it was all fun. And I hope that life, Wellesley College or not (well, not for Momo at least), will always be fun and exciting for them for a long long time.I am lucky to be able to re-live a little of my life through my children. I will definitely teach them, when it's time to go to college, to remember to have fun, at least half of the time!
No comments:
Post a Comment