Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Market


The Davis Square Farmer's Market was busy today despite being the last week for some vendors. Because I was working on the farm, and receiving some produce as trades for several months, there was no need for me to go the markets. What can be better than picking my own vegetables and bringing them straight home?


Now that winter is approaching, I have to start storing some local produce that will keep for a while: squashes, onions, apples, potatoes. I was introduced to TAZA chocolate today, a locally made stone ground dark chocolate. They share their stall and production facilities with Fiore di Nonno, a handmade mozzerella cheesemaker. Fresh cheese, and dark chocolate. Even if you can't really eat them together, the stall became my instant favorite! Now I just need to find out how I can come visit them while they are making these delicious treats! No really, stay tuned!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys are having fun! We have been having the brussel sprouts here too...yum. Have you read Animal Vegetable Miracle? it is right up your alley! xxoo

Kit Yoon said...

emily, i blogged about the book a couple of months back! yes, totally up my alley... wish we had a plot of land of our own... maybe some day!

Anonymous said...

Back from California. Have caught up to date with your blog. Absolutely great.

GRDave