Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Tuesday Market


There seems to be several farmers markets in Cambridge throughout the week. Today was my first chance to experience one of them, the so-called Harvard Farmer's Market, right in front of the Science Building where I used to take the summer intensive Chemistry class many moons ago.

To their credit, I have a very high expectation coming from the land of fresh, year-round produce. Nonetheless, I was quite disappointed at what I discovered. I would go so far as to say that I was sad.



There were barely ten stalls of vendors, two or three of which didn't sell produce, but pastries and other products. And the produce stands offered few goods, all rather sad and wilted. There were few fruits for sale, and barely any fresh flowers.




I am hoping that it's still early in the summer and more goodies will show up as the growing season ages. I wanted to take some good photos today, but all I could do was a photo of some very tiny pieces of cheese, and some sad looking kohlrabi... And no, I did not buy them.

No comments: