Monday, May 21, 2007

Farewell to my Grandmother


My dear grandmother passed away peacefully last Wednesday at the age of 78. She was a tremendous part of my young life in Thailand. She lived a full life, but the last 5 years or so had been trying for her with throat cancer and lung cancer that invaded her fragile body. She was a trooper and fought hard. She fought so hard that she was able to see her great-grandchildren twice, and saw her granddaughter as a mother.

I will miss you grandma. You were an incredible soul, the sweetest heart, the anchor for the family. I told the children that now you are our angel, who will watch over us. I know we will meet again some day and glad that you are resting in peace.

All my love to you, from all of us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My condolences to you and your family.

i too grew up with grandmother being such a big part of my childhood.

bon courage.