Thursday, May 24, 2007

Boston




My trip to Boston was wet, but productive. It felt like returning to my childhood home: my American childhood home, that is. Everything was familiar, even the short cuts I used to take to get around Cambridge, I remembered enough to direct and impress a taxi driver.


After living in California for 8 years, going back to Massachusetts felt like going to a different country entirely. People sounded different, the buildings looked different, the air felt different, the trees were of different species. Though I felt comfortable and 'at home', I was out of my elements. Where was my family? Where were my children? I had returned 'home' as a woman all grown-up.




To completely describe my experience would be difficult for I am still processing it days afterwards. I imagine I will be living the experience itself again soon enough. But here are some photos from the trip. Sorry if they look dreary: it rained constantly during my whole stay, so it was hard to avoid these dreary looking photos.

No comments: