Thursday, April 12, 2007

Spring Break


So it's been a spring break week for the kids. I was always a fan of spring break when I was a student myself. But now... I am not too sure about spring break.

It's spring, sure. But it's not a break for me! Yes, I know - it's meant to be a break for the wonderful teachers that take care of these little people day in and day out. They deserve a break so that they can come back fresh - ready to go again. But let me tell you something: I NEED A BREAK!


So, I exaggerate. Nevertheless, it's been a tiring week. It's partly because Master Miller (as he is known in his Thai passport) has become an occasional napper since the break began, oh, 5 days ago. He went three days in a row with no nap. Thankfully, today, as I write, he is snoozing, but that's only because I intentionally tired them out this morning on the beach.

Though it's been tiring, and the new (no)nap schedule is a bit daunting (thank goodness his dear sister still savors hers), we have been having fun, too. We visited the Children's museum yesterday, the beach and Long Marine Lab today, and tomorrow I may take them to the Monterey Bay aquarium. Or maybe I will take them back to the beach since it worked today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When your children are grown up,they may say. MUMMY MUMMY WHY YOU SHOWING OFF MY NAKED BODIES.
HA!HA!HA!