Monday, May 07, 2012

Find to Feast, all in a day

table2

My infrequent visits to this blog does not have to do with my lack of wanting to share tales of our life and photos of our days. The time that used to be spent taking and loading photos, writing and posting on the blog, is now primarily taken up by a small 25lb canine named Katie.

Katie and I, we walk.

We walk the streets of Bexley, sometimes in the dark, sometimes in the heat of the day. Sometimes we walk in silence, and sometimes I am entertained by podcasts, interviews, or music.

In short, instead of spending time on this page (which has changed on me since I logged on last time... has it been that long?), I am out and about, lost in my dog-walking world.

IMG_4711

Until we stumbled on a pile of wood planks. They were left outside on the curb, to be taken by the garbage collectors. What I saw was not 'garbage', but potential. I grabbed one, and walked the dog home, with a 6 ft long piece of wood under my arm. The next walk took us back to the same pile, so I grabbed another. And then, I got smart and drove back with a car to pick up a few more. I had a plan.

table4

And that's how this table was born. With a couple of abandoned shelves in the basement, and a few long nails, we made ourselves a new piece of outdoor furniture. Pretty much for free.

table3

Within minutes, the table became a chemistry lab with a mad scientist.

table5

And then it became the buffet table for a late afternoon feast of grilled pizzas and grilled caesar salad (thank you for sharing, Michael!).

table7

table10

table13

It's a wonder how we lived without this table before, just hours ago... Within a day, we embraced and enjoyed this new addition and everything that can fit on it.

table14

No comments: