Friday, July 08, 2011

Black Raspberries

blackrasp

It's become a tradition of sort in our family: black raspberry hunting in Western Michigan. We won't tell you where exactly because, you see, it's our private territory. Once fourth of July comes around, we won't let anyone know where we go to find these black jewels!

blackrasphand

I am saving you, in many ways, from an incredible amount of mosquitoes that take up residence in the said territory once the weather is warm and humidity is high. They are big, vicious, and numerous. It's better if you don't venture into their home because you will most likely be eaten alive.

blackraspsingle

But our kids love this tradition. And so do we. So when we were back up there last weekend, we put on our mosquito-brave faces and out we went.

blackraspflowers

There was enough for a tub full of black raspberries. This time I think they are going to be turned into scrumptious sorbet, hand cranked the old-fashioned way in an ice cream maker. I know...that is a story in itself.

blackraspleaves

You will have to come here again (to this blog) to find out what that is all about! I can tell you it will be worth a visit back (but you will have to wait a few days)!

No comments: