Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Olive Oil-Rosemary-Lemon Cake




Here we go again.

Inspired by a recipe, but can't for the life of me follow the recipe.

In my defense, the recipe asked for spelt flour. And no offense to anyone, but whoever keeps spelt flour around the pantry, good on you! Not a chance over in this household, that's for sure, at least not yet. We have palm sugar, and condensed milk, but no spelt flour.

I had everything else the recipe asked for...and I almost did it. I followed the recipe despite the spelt flour (I just used unbleached flour for the whole thing). While I chopped up rosemary sprigs as the last ingredient, I glanced over at the fruit basket, and saw lemons. Fresh, organic, yellow lemons that were screaming to be grated and included in the cake. I succombed to their plea. And failed at following a recipe to its entirety yet again. Oh well...

It's rainy over here today, so the warmth of the oven, and the aroma of the baking cake, are most welcomed. Who knows, maybe we have a new favorite "recipe" on hand!

No comments: