




If you had asked me if Ohio was ever going to be on my list of places to live, I would have given you a quick "No!". With the exclamation mark and all.
Well, there is a saying, isn't there: never say never.
This is my second visit to this Buckeye State where people take their sports (very) seriously, the locals are proud of their heritage, and the notorious midwestern hospitality lives strong.
I am also finding that it can be livable, even when the closest coastline is a thousand miles away (with the great lakes a bit closer). There are some lovely neighborhoods with character, and charm, and good schools. I think I even spotted a natural food store in a street corner somewhere along my outing today.
There is a reason we are not in New Zealand anymore. Professional opportunity has led us this way, and I think we would be silly not to give it a go.
Still early in the game, but we are finding our way through this maze called life. I will keep you posted!
No comments:
Post a Comment