


pile of hail


I have been postponing writing this post.
I wanted to see if things may change. If we were in some strange weather pattern. If the locals have been joking with us.
I am pretty certain that what we have experienced here, weather - wise, is the norm.
Our Kiwi friend, Rob, warned us that we are not in 'Cali-Kansas' anymore. We are not going to get the several days of sun, several months of dry weather, or even two days of either in a row.
Dunedin is notorious for its changeable weather. It is mostly cool, windy, and rainy. On top of that, though, things can change at any time. And we mean, any time!
When we arrived on New Year's day, a mere week ago, the skies were clear, the air was sweet and warm. The driver told us that he had been cold the week prior, and even hailed. No way, we thought. This is beautiful.
Well, when the weather is fine here (that how they describe a sunny day), it is an amazingly beautiful place, no question. But we have seen a lot of the not so fine days. In fact, as I write this, it is HAILING, with strong winds, temperature hovering 45 F.
And it's supposed to be summer!
Adventure. That's what we are doing here, right? And the kids seem to have a good attitude toward it since they ran out to collect the hail, and are now are eating it with syrup!
No comments:
Post a Comment